Diamonds are forever! If that’s what you believe, then you’ve to put in the effort to make them last forever too! There are so many ways you can do that and taking care of your diamond jewellery is absolutely important.
One of the most precious pieces of jewellery you can own are diamonds and they have an amazing value. Here are a few tips on how you can take care of your diamond jewellery easily:
- Keep your diamond jewellery in a box that has been cushioned. Rough containers have the potential to scratch diamonds. Maintaining each piece in its own padded box will assist to keep it safe over time and prevent it from becoming damaged.
- If your jewellery piece contains opals and pearls in addition to diamonds, avoid storing it in a very dry and dark environment for an extended period, as this may cause the gem to become discoloured. Avoid storing your jewellery bag or box in a damp environment since humidity will significantly accelerate the tarnishing of your jewellery. If you reside in a humid climate, further precautions must be taken and additional cleaning should be carried out.
- Use a gentle toothbrush to gently scrub the jewellery. Always cleanse your jewellery with a soft toothbrush to avoid scratching it. Remove the jewellery from the cleaning solution and gently scrape the area around the diamond with a soft toothbrush.
What else to know?
Regular cleaning will maintain your diamond, and diamond artificial jewellery sets and ensure these continue looking brilliant and new for a long time, but don't feel obligated to take the precious ones to the jeweller every few months for polishing. Neither should you rely on the old-fashioned method of cleaning your jewellery by rubbing baking soda or toothpaste into the metal.
Every time you do this, you will be removing little quantities of metal from your precious jewellery, and over time, this will harm and diminish your precious jewellery, especially the prongs of the gemstones and diamonds, increasing the likelihood of them falling off.
Warm water and mild liquid soap are all that is needed to clean your jewellery. The soap for woollens or even hand soap that does not contain moisturisers or harsh chemicals should be sufficient to clean the diamonds.
For more thorough cleaning, you can soak your diamond jewellery in a solution comprised of equal parts water and ammonia for about 30 minutes before rinsing and drying the items with a delicate cotton cloth. After washing your jewellery pieces, make sure they are totally dry before wearing or storing them.
So go ahead, buy diamond jewellery online, and give yourself the best diamonds money can offer, but also the best care that you can!
ALSO, YOU CAN READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- 5 Cool Ideas To Pair Your Western Fashion Jewelry Pieces With Kurti And Denim
- How To Create The Perfect Traditional Bridal Look With Kundan Bridal Jewellery?
- 6 Stylish Stud Earring Designs That Are Perfect For Your Casual Outfits
- Create A Stunning Reception Look With These Fancy Choker Necklace Designs
- Simple Yet Elegant Artificial Jewellery Pieces That Are Perfect For A Daytime Wedding
- Wrist Mangalsutra Designs: Explore The Ultimate Blend Of Tradition And Style
- Check Out These Simple Gold Stud Designs That Can Be Worn With Your Maxi Dresses
- Buying Indian Ethnic Jewellery? Do Not Forget To Explore The Exquisite Hand Harnesses