Heirloom jewellery is essentially a form of ancestral heritage. It refers to jewellery that has been in the family for years, passed down from generations. Apart from being incredibly high-priced due to precious stones and metals, heirloom jewellery often has an even more priceless sentimental value. You’d often see traces of this emotional exchange in a mother passing down her heavy kundan bridal jewellery to her daughter during her wedding or even a mother-in-law entrusting her daughter-in-law with ancestral crest rings.
Heirloom pieces often symbolise not just an object but also the stories behind that object. They represent family love, history, wealth, and treasured memories. In doing so, heirlooms become treasures in themselves. The sentimental value of heirloom jewellery is often attached to the beginning of a new chapter of life. This means you can create your heirloom jewellery collection as well, which would be fit to pass down to your future generations. Choosing an heirloom family piece is often one of the most important decisions; hence you have to ensure that the jewellery you choose is both timeless and priceless. A family heirloom is meant to stay in the family for several generations. Therefore, it is imperative that the jewellery piece doesn’t lose its lustre, beauty, and value.
Antique is the best choice you can make to build an heirloom collection that will soon mean to symbolise the ‘passing of the torch in your family. This could include vintage rings with precious stones or ornate necklaces with pearls and kundan work. Heavy kadas with precious stones and metalwork make for a timeless family heirloom. These jewellery pieces are perfect for passing down to the next generation during weddings, engagements, buying a new house, etc. The fancy diamond earrings too would be nice.
Additionally, it is not necessary for only the household women to carry the mantle of passing down heirlooms to their daughters or daughters-in-law. The men of the family can equally participate in this beautiful tradition. A statement ring with large precious stones is a beautiful heirloom to be given to the sons or sons-in-law of the family. Another unconventional idea is investing in ornate cuff links, which would make for a sophisticated family heirloom. An antique pendant necklace is also a popular choice for family heirlooms that can be passed down to both men and women.
We hope this guide helps you in starting your very own family heirloom tradition and bringing this beautiful tradition to the hearths of your household. After all, family signifies love, and any tradition associated with the family will always have love at its core.
ALSO, YOU CAN READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- Stock Up on These Bracelets While Shopping for Artificial Jewellery
- These Jadau Artificial Jewellery Pieces Would Uplift Any Ethnic Outfit
- A Small Wedding Calls For Attractive Jewellery, Here Are A Few Simple Sets That Can Elevate Your Lehenga
- 5 Classic Daily Wear Jewellery Pieces to Amp Up Your Office Look
- The Best Earrings for You, According to Your Face Type!
- Cool Maang Tikka to Lookout This Wedding Season
- Style Your Denim With These Simple Artificial Jewellery Items
- Create a Stunning Traditional Look With These Nath Designs
- Different Types of Headgears to Suit Your Face Cut
- 4 Kundan Imitation Jewellery Gift Ideas for a New Bride
- Five Chic Western Jewellery Ideas for Your WFH Avatar