Diamonds are the first stones that come to mind when you think of winter jewellery. No matter what you choose, remember that extreme temperatures can harm your precious jewels. As winter is around the corner, keeping your jewellery clean and safe during colder days brings a host of unique challenges. The chilly winds and snowy nights may bring immense joy, but are certainly not a good sign for your jewellery as it is prone to catching dust and dirt quickly when kept in a moist environment.
Just as we help you with finding the perfect diamond artificial jewellery set online in India, we are here to help you take care of them in winter. Keep reading for tips to help protect your ornaments in this cold weather.
To Touch Or Not To Touch
Did you know that every time you touch your jewellery, oil from your skin is transferred to the stones? With time, grime builds up on the stone, making it appear dirty and dimmer. You don’t want your favourite piece of diamond jewellery to lose its sheen, do you? So don’t touch them every now and then.
Easy, Breezy Cleanup
You would probably end up facing endless options when it comes to at-home jewellery cleaning, but some of the quick and easy steps are right here:
Soaking your jewellery in the gentleness of soap and warm water is the most recommended one. This should be your first line of defence before trying anything else.
Another one is a paste of baking soda and water; take a small amount on a soft toothbrush and gently scrub. Then wipe it dry using a soft, lint-free cloth.
Storing Is Caring
Store your diamond jewellery sets including your diamond choker necklace set individually to prevent any chances of jewellery scratching on each other. Toss silica packs into your jewellery box– they are really great for absorbing moisture. You can also throw a few pieces of chalk while storing; they will absorb moisture and help prevent tarnishing.
When To Wear
When you are getting dressed in winter, knits can easily snag against the stones, which would risk losing your valuable jewellery. We are not asking you to skip your sweaters completely, but you need to be careful.
Avoid wearing delicate jewellery on frigid days or cover your rings and earrings with gloves and hats respectively. Most importantly, always take your jewellery off while applying everyday skincare and beauty products, as dirt gets easily accumulated in them.
All in all, jewellery is indeed a thing of beauty and joy forever, but it will remain beautiful only if you pay extra care to them, especially when the temperatures are dropping. So follow these cleaning and storing tips to keep your diamond ornaments just as sparkling as they did the day when you first wore them.
ALSO, YOU CAN READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- What’s New in Bridal Jewellery? 5 Designs You Will Love
- Love Indian Jewellery? You Need To Have These Polki Pieces!
- Heading to a Party? These Rings Are a Must for You!
- 5 Indian Bracelet Designs That Can Uplift Any Outfit
- Fan of Metallic Bracelets? Add These To Your Collection!
- Create an Elegant Desi Look With These Jewellery Sets
- 4 Tips To Avoid Styling Mistakes With Fashion Jewellery
- 6 Tips To Clean Your Artificial Indian Jewellery
- 4 Nose Rings You Must Buy Online Right Away
- These Artificial Diamond Bangles Are a Must-Have This Wedding Season
- Quick Tips To Match Your Bridal Jewellery Sets With Your Bridal Outfit
- 4 Things To Keep in Mind While Buying Imitation Gold Bangles
- Winter Is Here! Stock Up on These Artificial Jewellery Items
- How To Style Winter Gowns With Artificial Diamond Jewellery
- Handpicked Party Wear Jewellery for the Upcoming Party Season
- How To Style Your Diamond Sheeshpatti? Here Are Some Stunning Ideas
- Try Out These Imitation Jadau Jewellery Pieces To Ace the Winter Wedding Look
- Rock Your Winter Look With These Tribal Jewellery Pieces
- Looking for Ethnic Earrings Online? Avoid These Shopping Mistakes